Cashier Team Leader
Job LocationGiftland Mall
The Team Leader – Cashier is responsible for the supervision of cashiers and to maintain outstanding customer service as per company standards and also needs to direct, motivate and schedule their staff. The Cashier Team Leader is responsible for processing sales quickly and efficiently, cash register operations, and safeguarding Company assets and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- 3 years in sales and at least 1 year managing a sales team
- Must be Computer literate
- Diploma/Degree in Management
- Responsible for training all cashiers in all front-end policies and procedures, including training of new cashiers and cross training of other associates.
- Responsible for communicating all information to cashiers regarding special promotions and sale items.
- Expedite front lines, direct flow of customers, and ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Authorize and ensure validity of customer returns and exchanges.
- Oversee compliance of cashiers with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, sales and record-keeping procedures.
- Provide orderly maintenance of front-end equipment and supplies.
- Accurately and efficiently ring up sales and accurately maintain all cash and other forms of payment at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Balance cashiers at end of day.
- Keep track of how much money is in drawers at the beginning and end of each workday.
- Pick up cash drops from cashiers.
- Ensure that cashiers maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies are stocked.
- Work along with Cashier Manager to discipline or recognize staff.
- Prepare and set weekly shift for all cashiers and conduct weekly meetings.
- Ensure that work area is tidy and in order.
- Ensure items are returned to respective departments at the end of each day.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
The Human Resources Manager
Plantation Pattensen Turkeyen, Georgetown
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY