1] Assists with cash management, ensuring all deposits agree to deposit summaries; following up on collectables and preparing weekly bank account summary
2] Provides accurate and timely accounting services including: maintaining and paying accounts receivable, reviewing payables invoices, writing and posting journal entries
3] Updates accounts payable, pays suppliers, reconciles balances and investigates and follows up on payables and receivables
4] Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
5] Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the Accounting department.
· Sound knowledge of and analytical skills pertinent to IFRS standards, depreciation taxation policies and related
· Proficiency in Quickbooks, ACCPAC or other accounting software.
· Proficiency in Excel spreadsheet applications.
· High level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office suite.
· Human resources and supervisory skills; communications skills, report-writing; ability to delegate, time management
· Demonstrated honesty and integrity in performance of duties day-to-day.
· Demonstrated competence and sound judgment.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting/ Finance from a recognize university or completion of ACCA.
· Three years’ minimum accounting experience at a senior level, including use of accounting software
(Quickbooks, ACCPAC, etc.)
· Training in spreadsheet applications from a recognized institution.
· Minimum of two years’ experience in a service environment
· Reconciling bank accounts and compiling monthly financial statements
· Preparing statutory returns
· Prepares statistical information as required
· Review all inter-company transaction.
· Prepare company monthly payroll.
· Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
· Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
· Delegate financial responsibilities to Accounting team.
· Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliation to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
Please submit an application along with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY