Ground Transport and Travel Assistant
Job LocationGeorgetown Guyana
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Ground Transport and Travel Assistant. Role of post includes the standard 5 days on 2 days off, may be required to cover the weekends as well. However normally Monday to Friday (8 hour days) – 40 hour week, Normal hours / Mixed start hours. Scheduled hours of work could be subjected to change depending on demand / split shift system. The position requires you to engage with road travelers and apply travel systems and processes to coordinate the safe efficient movement of personnel offshore or to other locations out of Georgetown.
- At least 2 years working experience in logistics, aviation, transport, coordination and travel.
- Experience in implementing and following new procedures, work practices and systems. Particularly new databases, planning tools and record keeping systems.
- Senior high school education with good results in Mathematics, English and Computer Skills
- Must be computer literate and have software knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets and basic database.
- Solid record keeping skills and ability to follow processes.
- Strong customer service and communication skills. Confidence in communicating with a wide variety of people in both written and verbal means.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities to achieve goals and manage workflow.
- Must be in good health and able to handle stress due to short deadlines, emergency situations and cultural differences.
- Use of the PTS System- managing requests and forms, providing reports and validating results with travel service providers.
- Managing anomalies or variances to processes is important. This will require judgment and accountability to resolve problems in line with the client processes and escalate issues or solutions where necessary.
- The offshore transport coordinator works under the day to day direction of the Transportation Coordinator.
- Managing all ground movements – work runs, afterhours transport requirements, airport, pickup etc.
- Booking of transportation and scheduling.
If you have the required skill sets and experience, please submit and updated CV to the following email Address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY