Guyana Industrial Minerals Inc. is seeking a highly organized and self-motivated Environmental Officer to join the operations team at our Bonasika project site.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or a closely related field;
- Exposure to environmental management in the mining industry or related fields;
- Commitment to a “safety first” work ethos;
- Experience in hazard identification and incident reporting;
- Current manual drivers licence and 4WD experience;
- Sound understanding of environmental data management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced working skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Reporting to the company’s Environmental/CSR consultant, the Environmental Officer will undertake environmental monitoring, sampling, and periodic reporting in line with regulatory and internal company requirements;
- Collect and review data relating to environmental reporting requirements including NGER's and NPI;
- Conduct area inspections with department stakeholders to assess alignment with environmental management requirements;
- Conduct environmental incident investigations and remediation activities;
- Present training and awareness packages to the workforce as required;
- Supervise and liaise with various external environmental consultants;
- Assess internal clearing applications and supervise works;
- Assist with rehabilitation projects as required;
- Provide day to day advice on environmental matters;
Assist with site logistics as may be required from time to time.
Please email Applications with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– include in subject line “APPLICATION FOR ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER”
All applications shall be treated with the strictest confidence.
Applications close on June 14th, 2019
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY