Job LocationNew Market Street, Georgetown, Guyana
CCA Guyana Inc. is a new dynamic freight forwarding company concentrating on movement of general cargo by air and ocean for import, export and transshipment. We adhere to our values of Integrity, Reliability and Efficiency.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing the operations of the Guyana Office effectively and profitably. Responsibilities also include coordinating the movement of cargo and ensuring documentation is completed accurately and delivered in a timely manner.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday: as required
· At least five (5) years’ experience at a Supervisory level in the cargo industry
· Academically qualified to a Bachelor Degree in a related field or its equivalent
· Diploma in IATA Cargo Introductory Course and/or Certification in Dangerous Goods by Air would be an asset.
· Training and Certification in ASYCUDA would be an asset.
· Excellent supervisory and customer service skills
· Demonstrable ability to lead and supervise staff
· Highly organized and computer literate (Microsoft suite)
· Working knowledge of Magaya Cargo System would be an asset
· Thorough knowledge of ocean freight operations and procedures
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong geographic knowledge
· Ability to work independently, exercising judgement and initiative
· Ability to maintain professional composure in stressful situations.
· Ensure pricing is accurate and competitive resulting in profitability on all shipments.
· Ensure compliance with international regulations and monitor quality assurance in order to meet and maintain international standards.
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation at all times and delivery in a timely manner to avoid fines, penalties and/or losses on shipments.
· Provide and ensure that team provides the highest level of customer service at all times; including investigating and responding to all inquiries promptly, providing accurate and timely quotes and making regular courtesy calls to customers either in person or by telephone.
· Communicate promptly with customers regarding delivery, delays, re-routing, cancellation etc.
· Monitor and coordinate the movement of cargo through carriers/agents and inform the customers as required.
· Liaise with shipping lines to ascertain logistics and make bookings; liaise with insurance department; customs brokers and all other related parties.
· Assist with weighing, measuring, packing/strapping and labelling of cargo where and when needed.
· Ensure that cargo on hand is accurately and clearly labelled.
· Coordinate with warehouse regarding cargo pick-up, crating, packing and fumigation, of both general and dangerous good shipments.
· Follow up and assist with actively tracking all shipments until received or delivered to final destination.
· Follow up with customers for payments as per agreed payment terms.
· Oversee the administrative running of the office including the attendance of direct reports, monitoring performance, implementing disciplinary measures and performing such other duties as may be required to maximize the efficiency, productivity, teamwork, customer relations and enhancement of the entire operations of the company.
To be discussed during interview.
Deliver applications to: CCA Guyana Inc. 210 New Market Street, (1st Floor), Georgetown, Guyana.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY