Head - Finance
Job LocationSophia, Georgetown
JOB TITLE: Head - Finance
LOCATION: Flat 15, Exhibition Site, Sophia
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SALARY SCALE: BS 16
The Finance Manager will oversee all fiscal, accounting, internal/external audit, budgeting and financial activities of the Guyana National Bureau of Standards (GNBS); preparing the accounting and financial statements and reports for the Executive Director. The Head - Finance will ensure that proper Council approved financial and accounting procedures are in place or developed for all projects and are adhered to at all times, such as in the preparation of salaries and related staff benefits and ensuring that all payments are within established procedures. The position shall also entail exploring and advising on funding opportunities for GNBS to ensure its financial stability.
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Economics from a recognised University or a recognised professional accounting qualification plus three (3) years' experience at the level of Assistant Secretary (Finance), or Finance Management together with a good performance record.
- A Masters in any of the above would be an asset.
- A Diploma in Public/Business Administration or Accounting from the University of Guyana or a recognised professional accounting qualification plus five (5) years' experience as an assistant secretary (finance) within the public service, together with a good performance record.
- Significant experience in management level/supervisory positions.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the field of administration, management, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation or any other related fields.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the organisation, such as payroll, invoicing and other transactions.
- Oversee finance department employees.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the GNBS to ensure efficient financial controls and administration.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Present financial reports.
- Track the GNBS’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- To perform any other related duties for the smooth functioning of the Guyana National Bureau of Standards.
- Trained and knowledgeable staff
- Effective and efficient financial internal control systems policies and procedures
- Sound cash management
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly reports: balance sheet, revenue & expenditure statement, budget to actual expenses, bank reconciliations
- Monthly Management Accounting reports
- Annual financial statements
- Timely external audit schedules and reconciliations
- Timely payment of supplier invoices and monthly payroll,
- Timely statutory reporting to external agencies including NIS and GRA
- Monthly reports to the Executive Director and Council
- Financial projections in line with the GNBS strategic plan
- Annual budgets in line with departmental activities
Applications must be sent to
The Executive Director,
Guyana National Bureau of Standards,
Flat 15 National Exhibition Complex,
or email email@example.com not later than Monday, November 05, 2018
For more information visit http://www.gnbsgy.org/jobs/
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY