Job LocationLethem, Rupununi Region 9
The Guyana Wildlife Conservation and Management Commission (GWCMC) was established in accordance with Section 4 of the Wildlife Conservation and Management Act. The Commission is responsible for all matters related to the protection, conservation, management, sustainable use and the internal and external trade of Guyana’s wildlife. The Commission has signed an agreement as the Sub-grantee with the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) with funding through the Food and Agriculture and Organization for a five-year Research project titled The Sustainable Wildlife Management Programme.
The Sustainable Wildlife Management Programme in Guyana is a five (5) year initiative aimed at ensuring that wildlife, ecosystems and their services are conserved and the living conditions, food security and cultural identity of rural villages are improved. The specific objective is to pilot integrated sustainable co-management models for sustainable wildlife and fisheries management in the multiple use savanna-forest landscapes of the Rupununi region to inform a national level scale-up which will serve as an example to neighboring Caribbean and Amazon countries.
- University Degree in Biology or related discipline with two (2) years of experience.
- A Diploma in a related field with five (5) years of experience.
- Other suitable qualifications may be accepted based on the incumbent’s experience in the field.
- Two (2) years’ experience in working with wildlife/research related projects.
- Experience working in the Rupununi.
- This post offers a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal.
- The incumbent is expected to live and work in the Rupununi.
The main tasks of the Wildlife Officer will be related but not limited to):
- Providing training to various communities and villages in camera trapping, GPS, etc.
- Coordination of camera trapping activities
- Management of all wildlife surveying equipment
- Management of secured copies of wildlife survey data
- Supporting other terrestrial wildlife related activities under SWM by GWCMC and SWM partners
- Support Site Manager in carrying out functions of the SWM project
A detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained from:
Georgetown at the Guyana Wildlife Conservation and Management Commission’s Office (Ganges Street, Sophia, Georgetown) or the SWM Project Office (48 Craig and Sheriff Streets, Campbellville, Georgetown)
Lethem at SWM’s Site Office (174 Lethem, Rupununi, Region 9).
Or via Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications along with the Curriculum Vitae, recent police clearance and two passport size pictures shall be submitted no later than September 10, 2019 to:
Country Coordinator | SWM
Guyana Wildlife Conservation and Management Commission
48 Craig & Sheriff Streets
OR via email at – firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY