The Storekeeper is an administrative and semi-skilled manual worker, who is responsibilities primarily for all stores operation and maintenance activities of all storerooms and walk-in-freezers. The Storekeeper performs several tasks, which includes issuing and receiving, coordinating stock, documenting stores transactions, maintaining records and overseeing storage of surplus inventory. The job involves heavy physical labor in stocking and handling materials and supplies.
- 4 CXC subjects including Math, English & Accounts with at least Grade 3 Passes or certificates in any other related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in a warehouse or storage operation at a reputable restaurant or similar industry.
- Using Quickbooks,Sage or similar computerised accounting packages for inventory management.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- PC skills, familiar with relevant spreadsheets and software packages, Microsoft Office, especially Excel would be ideal.
- Proven accuracy in record keeping.
- Track record of hitting deadlines through first rate planning and organisational skills.
- Pragmatic with a flexible, can-do mentality.
- Self-confident and mature – able to be effective and credible at all levels.
- A self-starter but must combine this with being a good team-player - sensitive to the needs of others.
Clean, set up and maintain an orderly working area before, during and after shift
Receive and inspect all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
Check supplies received for quantity, quality, condition and expiration date and return canceled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
Fill approved requisitions; assists buyer to order adequate merchandise and supplies; delivers orders to departments and staff.
Conduct scheduled inventory count and regularly check stock items for reorder.
Report all concerns to Entity’s management and/or Finance Manager and make notes of same on Inventory Report
Adhere to all inventory policies & procedures to minimize the risk or impact of theft, damages, and ageing of inventory.
An attractive remuneration package is offered.
Applications can be sent directly to: email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY