Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Accounting clerks are required to have several skills to perform their duties.
a) Proficient at mathematics
b) Must keep accurate records, be detail-oriented and be able to spot financial errors made by others.
c) Sftware and computer skills.
d) Accounting clerks at times deal with sensitive financial information that affect the organization’s
e) Being confidential is a necessity and ensure that records are easily accessible to company
decision-makers and also maintain transparency.
Not less than 2 years of accounting experience
Competency in accounting software and databases, as well as MS Office
Attention to detail
Ability to ensure accuracy in job delivery
Possess strong aptitude for numbers
Ability to properly organize and prioritize tasks, as well as office environment
Having a diploma from completing high school, or its equivalent qualification
1. Type accurately and keep records
2. Prepare general ledger postings, bank deposits and statements
3. Reconcile accounts as at when due
4. Provide support and assistance to company personnel
5. Investigate and restore documentation or accounting discrepancies and problems
6. Notify management, and compile reports on activity areas
7. Work according to established procedures, standards, and applicable laws
8. Sort and compile checks and invoices
9. Issue our checks for accounts payable
10. Mail checks
11. Enter daily worksheets to the general ledger system and record business transactions
12. Record refunds and charges
13. Support accounting personnel
14. Input invoices, checks, vouchers, reports, account statements and other records
15. Provide front desk customer service
16. File and tally deposits
17. Work with calculators, databases, adding machines and bank accounts
18. Match invoices to work orders
19. Process bills for payment
20. Open mails
21. Match payments to invoices
22. Arrange for money meant to be delivered to bank
23. Ensure that receipts for payments are received by company, and that refunds to customers reach
To be discussed at interview
The Human Resources Manager
344 Middle & East Streets
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY