Logistics Manager - Import/Export Specialist
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The succesful candidate will be responsible for providing import/export process efficiency plans and will work jointly with logistics distribution services groups to ensure that the movements of goods in and out is done in compliance with customs regulations while aiming to improve on-time delivery of goods to the Product Lines.
• Ability to think strategically, analyze large amount of data and information objectively, and make quick decisions.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Power Point
• Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills
• Understanding of general logistics processes / local logistics rules and regulations
• Working style / other skillsets:
- Work independently
- Prepare and maintain routine records
- Work under pressure
- Maintain good working relationships with supervisors and peers
- Collaborate with various teams and organizations
• Commitment to service quality and process improvement
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Analyze import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard.
• Responsible for updating Import and export systems as needed including data and document storage where necessary.
• Responsible for analyzing customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where necessary to reduce cost of imports and exports.
• Responsible and accountable for performance factors related to SLA in the country.
• Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performance are monitored targeting lead time and cost reductions.
• Liaise with customs and local authorities for daily operational issues.
• Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied in to all incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self-audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention systems.
• Manage daily customs and Trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance standard.
• Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organization in the country.
• Attend local import and export training programs with local authorities focusing to improve knowledge.
Salary negotiable based on experience.
Please apply below or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY