Finance and Administration Manager
HIAS seeks a Finance and Administration Manager to oversee day-to-day effective and efficient management of all financial and administration activities and operations of the HIAS Guyana office. S/he ensures maintenance and high standards of accounting records, internal controls in accordance with International Accounting Standards, administration standards, Guyana laws and regulations, and executes established financial and administration policies and procedures. The Finance and Administration Manager directs all accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, purchasing, payroll, bank reconciliations, audit, insurance, local tax reporting, and fixed assets at the Country level. S/he also ensures accurate and timely preparation of internal financial reports and submission for external reporting.
The Finance and Administration Manager reports directly into the Guyana/Aruba Country Director with a dotted line into the Controller in HQ. S/he also works closely with HQ Finance and Grants Compliance management team and oversees all Finance and Administration functions within Guyana. This position will be based in Georgetown.
- Graduate degree or other post-graduate qualification in finance or accounting (will consider experience in lieu of Master’s degree).
- At least six (6) years’ work experience in an Accounting or Finance position with accounting and budgeting responsibilities and at least three (3) to four (4) years in a INGO or similar field.
- At least three (2) years of demonstrated experience in supervisory/management role, managing, mentoring, and building capacity of direct reports.
- Fluency in English; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be a citizen of Guyana and/or work authorization in Guyana is required.
- Knowledgeable of Guyana laws and regulations required.
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; capability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work in a team and independently, take initiative, prioritize competing tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel throughout Guyana is required; ability to travel internally on behalf of HIAS, as required, at times to insecure locations.
Financial Statements and External Reporting
- Oversees the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Ensures timely and accurate monthly close of General Ledger.
- Compiles cash flow forecast and forward monthly cash request to HQ on a timely basis.
- Ensures that financial reports for all donors, local compliance and HQ are submitted in a timely manner.
- Monitors country and field office cash flow to ensure there is adequate cash to fund operations.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Ensures compliance with all HIAS policies and procedures as outlined in policy manuals and in accordance with local statutory requirements.
- To develop additional policies and procedures according to the programs in order to control the processes, with support of HIAS HQ
- Oversees all financial audits of the operations in Guyana.
- Reviews payroll, payroll control sheets, and allocations.
- Ensures that financial transactions are coded correctly.
Budgets and Budgetary Controls:
- Works with the Country Director and program team in the preparation of country office budgets, program budgets and proposals.
- Prepares, analyzes and reports to the country director and HQ monthly budget vs actual analysis.
- Ensures controls of expenses assigned to grants and work directly with program managers and country director to manage actual expenses.
- Oversees all financial transactional activity, including; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll and ensures that all financial transactions and journal entries are recorded accurately in accordance with organization policies, GAAP and governmental regulations.
- Reviews key monthly account analyses; bank reconciliations, G/L to subsidiary ledger reconciliation.
- Maintains structure and ensures maximization of accounting software.
- Ensures monthly closes are completed on a regular and timely basis
Human Resources Management:
- Processes monthly payroll and ensure that payroll is completed in compliance with Guyan tax and labor requirements.
- Ensures adequate training to employees on timesheet processes and procedures.
- Ensures timesheets are completed in timely submission with adequate approval, accuracy, in alignment with funding and filings.
- Ensures compliance with all labor and statuary laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
Logistics and Administration:
- Identifies and sets up HIAS offices and operations in Georgetown and other field offices.
- Oversees day-to-day office and residential premises; to include, leases and maintenance.
- Manages HIAS Guyana vendors while ensuring procurement policies and procedures are met.
- Manages HIAS vehicles purchase and maintenance within country.
- Ensures staff are trained on all procurement and logistics policies and procedures.
- Assists Country Director with Safety and Security of office and residential premises.
Management and Capacity Building:
- Leads and overall oversight of the Finance Department and provides consistent leadership to department personnel through regular meetings, effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- Conducts regular training to HIAS Mexico employees on financial policies and procedures and best practices.
- Conducts meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in programs, policies, and procedures.
- Communicates fiscal policies and procedures to all HIAS employees.
- Leads and participates in special projects that further the goals of the Accounting and Finance Department.
- Stays abreast of trends and changes in the accounting field and capacity builds department on such.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality regarding discussions and decisions made by Senior Management and takes all required actions to ensure that staff adhere to these requirements.
Interested candidates should send their CV and Motivation letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY