- Valid Driver’s License issued no less than two (2) years ago
- Secondary education
- Knowledge of the Guyanese roadways, particularly Georgetown, East Coast, West Coast, East Bank, West Bank of Demerara.
- Police Clearance and clean driving history.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a similar position
- Must display a positive, responsible and discreet attitude.
- Ability to travel within Guyana, at times to insecure operating environments.
- Previous background in security sector and/or knowledge of the safety and security standard procedures will be considered a high level plus
- Experience with vehicle maintenance will be a plus
- Professional driver training is a plus
- Conduct safe driving of official HIAS vehicles on duty travel throughout Georgetown and nearby locations as directed by HIAS staff.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of the HIAS vehicle logbook including fully documenting each and every trip completed.
- Ability to navigate around Georgetown and nearby locations without navigation aids (GPS/phone/maps).
- Responsible for maintaining the professional and clean appearance of the vehicle.
- Full compliance to all relevant HIAS safety and security policies.
- Adherence to all national driving regulations at all times
- Ensure proper maintenance of designated vehicle.
- Assist in off-loading should the need arise and picking up goods within assigned geographical areas.
- Report and follow standard procedures with any accidents, damages, and injuries sustained while operating vehicles on time and write a formal incident report; reporting any vehicle defects or security-related incident and take appropriate action(s).
- Cleaning of vehicles’ cabs and interiors.
- Serve as the Focal Point for security-related issues arising in the city of Georgetown and nearby locations. Establish a network of reliable sources in order to be informed on possible incidents and/or problems related to safety and security in the area. Report all issues and emergencies to the Line Manager and to the Country Director
- Assist staff for petty logistical activities, both in office and on field sites;
- Supports in the set-up of the offices in Bartica and Port-Kaituma, participating to the operational and logistical set-up of the two offices;
- Any other relevant duties which may be assigned from time to time by the Line Manager or the Country Director.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to this email: email@example.com by April 31st, 2020. Please indicate in the e-mail object: DRIVER GEORGETOWN
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close it prior to the close date.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY