Job Location2442 Track A Plantation Providence EBD
The Laboratory Assistant works under the supervision of the Laboratory Coordinator in supporting the work of lecturers and their students to ensure that they:
- make the best use of the time spent in the laboratory;
- use equipment safely;
- accurately record the results of their work.
Bachelors in Science / Laboratory course / Diploma in Labratory / CXC with science subjects
Minimum 1 to 2 experience in Labatory preferable.
. Ability to analyze and pay attention to detail as well as organizational skills
. An understanding of measurements and basic mathematical calculations
. Candidates with prior work experience would be preferred, however persons with no experience can also apply
The key functions include but are not limited to:
- Under direction of the Laboratory Manager, prepare solutions, stains and media for general use based on the requirements.
- Prepare equipment and materials for classroom/department use.
- Prepare work benches with with models/instruments to be used and replace them after the end of laboratory practical.
- Assist Faculties with enforcement of safety measures to be maintained in the laboratory.
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly without any deviations.
- Assist with stocktaking/inventory of equipment/materials at the end of each semester and maintain adequate supplies.
- Assist with daily record keeping.
- Carry out simple maintenance of equipment and instruments as and when required.
- Ensure all equipment are properly maintained and chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately labeled and stored.
- Manage the stock of chemicals and other consumables such as gloves, cotton wool etc.
- Ensure efficient use of expensive chemicals and reagents under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
- Enforce the correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure the proper handling of chemical spills, broken glassware, collection and disposal Chemical and non-hazardous laboratory waste.
- Report damage of equipment to the Laboratory Manager/Laboratory Coordinator.
- Ensure necessary records/logbooks are updated on a daily basis.
- Deliver the support services in a professional and competent manner.
- In absence of other Laboratory staff, to take responsibility of all laboratory activities.
- Maintain arms-length conduct with all students.
- Perform any other lawful duties assigned.
Salary is not a constraint for deserving candidates
Interested and Qualified Aspirants, send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Texila American University
Lot 2442, Plantation Providence, East Bank Demerara, Guyana
Telephone # 592-265-7651 / 265-7652 / 265-7650
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY