Guyana Industrial Minerals Inc. is seeking a dynamic and switched on Mining Engineer.
The Mining Engineer will display a strong drive for continuous improvement in a developing mining operation and show a desire to take ownership of work. The role carries a significant requirement for professionalism, responsibility and accountability. Personal attitude will be an important factor in the recruitment decision.
- BEng Mining Engineering (preferred). Other degrees considered: Engineering Geology/Geo-technical Engineering/Civil Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in a Mining Engineering position and experience working in an open pit mining operation.
- Driving licence and ability to drive manual gearbox vehicles.
- Experience in the use of mine design software; ideally Surpac (preferred)
- Experience working in the bauxite industry. (preferred)
- Good report writing and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities.
- Assist the Senior Mining Engineer in developing data collection and analysis to inform and support continuous improvement programmes.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the mining team in daily planning and general operations.
- Produce short-term plans to meet production targets in line with short-term and midterm schedules.
- Conduct mine performance data collection, management and analysis to monitor production efficiencies and KPIs.
- Take responsibility for individual projects and tasks as assigned by Senior Mining Engineer.
- Lead and carry out JSEAs and develop SOPs for specific tasks undertaken.
- Effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors and team.
- Develop team by providing advice, encouragement, training and coaching.
- Comply with legislation and regulations concerning safety, employment and protection of the environment.
- Prepare mine operations reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
Application with CV should be submitted to the Human Resource Manager, Guyana Industrial Minerals Inc. by July 12th, 2019, 58 High Street, Kingston, Georgetown Or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org – Position being applied for should be stated in the subject along with your name.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY