Job LocationGeorgetown Guyana
We are looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (QuickBooks) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful Accounts Clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures, strong computer literacy and have a flair for numbers. Knowledge of International Accounting Standards will be plus.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Be willing to travel around the country regularly and work late irregular shifts as necessary.
Strong Secondary Education (Completion of ACCA’s Certified Accounting Technician or similar qualification is desired but not necessary).
4 Years accounting experience in doing wide variety of accounting tasks.
Must have experience with:
- Managing & reconciling payables
- Petty cash & Cheque Payments
- Clearing of advances
- Bank reconciliations
- Posting to QuickBooks
- Strong knowledge of Excel is required
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the Finance department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, QuickBooks Posting and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily entry of key data of financial transactions in software
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
A competitive package will be offered to the selected applicant
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY