Public Relations Officer
Job LocationProvidence, East Bank Demerara
The Public Relationtionship Officer is responsible for driving publicity for TAU Guyana campus in the Caribean region by building media relations with key journalists and getting traction for TAU in local media.
Desired : Bachelors OR Master's Mandatory : Bachelors
-3 to 6 years of Experience
-Ability to ideate and react to any relevant news update
-Journalist database and networking
- Excellent content writing skills
-Knack for making content newsworthy
-Sourcing Information from within the organization
-Accepts responsibility and is accountable for the outcomes of work
-Stands by decisions and principles even in the face of strong opposition or threats
-Pursues a course of action tenaciously to achieve goals and objectivesdentifies linkages, relationships and power structures and plays to decision makers
-Maintains consistently high standards of work, loyalty, honesty and commitmentSeeks and exploits opportunities to develop skills and abilities
-Makes effort to find out stakeholders’ needs, expectations and motivations and to discover what can be provided
-Generating Ideas and Grabbing Attention
-Ideation in line with the future goals of TAU Uses knowledge and experience to influence media Is approachable and open with information
-Generates practical and commercially/financially viable ideas for improvement that align with business objectives and strategy
-Ability to Thrive in Ambiguity
-Ability to Act Decisively
The key duties include but are not limited to:
- Relationship building between relevant journalists & Texila American University (TAU) top officials,
- Support for important TAU events by inviting media & getting publicity in the form of media coverage,
- Track & share coverage internally,
- Draft meaningful, timely content in the form of press releases, news articles, quotes for relevant media stories etc.
- Strong ideation skills to create PR lead stories for Guyana/ Caribbean media,
- Interact with TAU officials on a regular basis to understand what is happening in the campus and what can be pitched to media,
- A minimum of 12 coverage in media per month- print, radio, television, online etc, is a must,
- Suitable candidate would be a journalist or a PR professional with over 3 years of experience willing to work part- time or full-time for TAU,
- Added advantage if the candidate has good media outreach across Caribbean region.
Remuneration is not a constraint for deserving candidates.
Interested and Qualified Aspirants, send CV to email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texila American University
Lot 2442, Plantation Providence, East Bank Demerara, Guyana
Telephone # 592-265-7651 / 265-7652 / 265-7650
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY