Job LocationGiftland OfficeMax, Plantation Pattensen, Turkeyen
The Chef performs highly skilled baking/cooking work, and supervises all activities in the Kitchen. The incumbent must have a good understanding of international and local cooking recipes.
Education: Certificate in Cookery or Culinary Arts
Must have a valid food Handler’s Certificate
Experience: Three to five (3-5) years as chef in a large hotel, restaurant or in a retail environment.
Specific Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Prepares and cook all food items for menu and catered events following standardized recipes.
- Estimates cooking needs, requisitions adequate supplies, inventories supplies, and keeps records of products made and used.
- Insures kitchen and equipment are maintained according to proper health and sanitation standards.
- Does specialized decorating, design and specify menu dishes and implement menu variations.
- Assists in developing and testing recipes, leads in planning products menu, and recommends equipment purchases.
- Ensure the 24/7 execution of all meat service programs including proper ordering, production planning, product handling and display.
- Ensure the selection of wines, liquors champagnes, beverages and aperitifs.
- Ensure quality control food tasting during meal production process.
- Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Supervises kitchen personnel; duties include planning, organizing, scheduling and directing work, training personnel, and recommending applicants for employment or for discipline, termination or retention.
Interested persons can send applications to:
The Human Resources Supervisor
Plantation Pattenson, Turkeyen, Georgetown.
Only shortlisted person will be contacted
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY