Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The workshop foreman is responsible for overseeing employees and ensuring that all work is completed efficiently. The workshop foreman job description involves strong leadership skills, specific knowledge of running a workshop and also with strong proven industry knowledge of all the current workshop health and safety policies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of operating a workshop
- Works well with a team.
- Exhibits strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrates awareness of all health and safety protocols.
- Is able to remain calm and clear-headed in an emergency.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Is able to multi-task effectively.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Is able to read, interpret, and compose work orders.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Is capable of translating industry terminology into straightforward terms for explanatory purposes
High school diploma/future trade education/apprenticeship background
- 10 to 15 years of workshop experience required.
- Managerial or supervisory experience required of at least 5 years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Shop Foreman
- Provides employee training.
- Creates and manages employee schedule.
- Oversees the daily work of employees.
- Warns, disciplines, or terminates employees not working to company standards.
- Greets customers who enter the shop.
- Processes customer and client work orders.
- Maintains work records and Job cards
- Assigns duties to workshop workers.
- Manages all quality standards of work being performed
- Enforces all health and safety policies in the shop.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met.
- Assists employees in on-site health or safety emergencies.
- Addresses and resolves customer issues and complaints.
- Fixes equipment and machinery as necessary.
- Orders supplies.
- Ensure the safe operating of workshop machinery such as forklifts, machines and work stations such as welding bay
- Ensures that the shop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous or hazardous material.
The majority of working hours will be spent in the job participating in and overseeing repairs and maintenance on the floor in the workshop
Shift may vary depending on projects and workload
Weekend hours will be required.
Standard 40-hour workweek applies, though overtime may be necessary.
Only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you do not meet the requirements of the Job Description, please do not reply.
Application should be made via email to email@example.com with an updated detailed copy of CV along with copies of trade qualifications
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY