Job LocationGiftland Mall, Plantation Turkeyen, Georgetown
The Senior Mechanic is responsible for: maintaining and repairing of all equipment, mechanical and electrical of the power plant, and all portable and motorized equipment of the MCG complex. And any other function as deemed necessary by management.
Education: Sound secondary education with minimum passes of (5) subjects at the CXC level.
- Trade certificate from GTI, or any other reputable industrial / Mechanical Training institution, in an engineering related field.
- Training and experience in light and heavy duty auto electrical repairs.
- Experience in hydraulic systems and repairs.
Experience: Minimum two (2) years similar experience at an established Organization and with a proven track record.
Experience with engines, mechanical and electrical equipment and all their associated auxiliaries and trained in safe working practices.
Specific Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance as per set standards (safety standards) on the various equipment/vehicles to ensure reliable/optimum utilization of the same.
- Diagnose and repair faults/defects effectively on equipment/vehicles under preventative or break-down maintenance procedures, ensuring that down time is minimized.
- Carry out daily inspection of all equipment/vehicles for operational reliability & safety, to help plan for corrective maintenance and to prevent accidents in the operational area.
- Ensure that standard safety procedures are followed during maintenance activities to prevent any personal injury or equipment/vehicle.
- Ensure that all work-related activities carried out are recorded in the log book/work order.
- Inform Supervisors of any spare parts & tools that are needed to ensure timely completion of any maintenance works.
- Ensure good housekeeping and take proper care of tools.
- Training and monitor of Junior Staff
Interested persons can send applications to:
The Human Resources Manager
Plantation Pattenson, Turkeyen, Georgetown.
Only shortlisted person will be contacted
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY