Job LocationREGION 1, REGION 5, Guyana
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will assist the Factory Manager in the effective and efficient running of the daily operations of the factory.
Major challenges include the setting and keeping of production targets, managing the river craft schedules, overseeing security and order, the identification and development of cabbage (Manicole Palm) areas and increase in cabbage collection, ensuring quality and records consistent with the International Food Standard, ensuring the safety and productivity of all employees, any other duties that he/she may be assigned to from time to time but within his/her scope of qualification.
- Degree/Diploma in Forestry/ Agriculture/ Business Management or a related discipline
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in English and proficient in written and oral communication
- At least three (3) years work experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exposure to disaster management would be an asset
- Experience in management of food processing unit will be an asset
- Ability to work beyond normal hours if processing of perishable produce requires.
- Supervise Production as directed by the Operation Manager in an efficient and cost effective manner
- prepare reports daily on production including achievements, technical issues and HR issues.'
- Follow, in collaboration with the store keeper, the stock of raw materials and Production materials to ensure that sufficient stocl is alwaays available
- Check, in collaboration with the Quality Controller, the quality of the production done under his/her supervision
- Follow up regulations and procedures, in collaboration with the quality controller, for IFS, EOS and NOP organics as well as ESR Fair Trade in the factory.
- Ensure that all staff obey the Health and Safety regulations and receive training
- Assist the Operation Manager in the planning of the factory workload and deputize for the Operation Manager from time to time.
Over 100 K depending on experience and qualification
Incentive based on production.
Days off system to compensate overtime and Sundays in Region 1.
Amazon Caribbean Guyana Ltd
V1 & V2 Houston Estate, Georgetown
before August 31, 2016
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY