Assistant Warehouse Manager
Job LocationSophia, Greater Georgetown
The Assistant Warehouse Manager is responsible for ensuring the daily operations of the warehouse are conducted in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the company’s and suppliers’ policies and procedures.
- Passes of no less than five (5) CSEC (general proficiency level) subjects inclusive of English and Mathematics. Tertiary level education in Management or business related subject would be advantageous. Along with previous working experience in a similar or equivalent position/operations of no less than ten (10) years will be a distinct advantage.
- Responsible attitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Neat and tidy appearance.
- Supporting warehouse operations as directed by the Warehouse Manager, including planning, coordinating and supervising operations while devising strategies to improve production.
- Assisting with the general management of the warehouse including loss prevention and warehouse security while resolving workplace issues.
- Ensuring staff operate in a safe manner in keeping with the applicable statutory laws and company policies.
- Ensuring warehouse operational requirements are met by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work done including monitoring and appraising job results.
- Maintaining warehouse staff job results by coaching and counseling employees. Recommending disciplinary measures to be taken against defaulting staff.
- Conducting appraisals and performance reviews as well as recommending staff for training and development activities.
Attractive wages and benefits.
Applications inclusive of a covering letter and resume should be sent no later than Monday, November 30, 2020 to:
Human Resources Manager
Lot R1 H1 Dennis Street
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY