Job LocationLot 27 Hadfield Street, Georgetown, Guyana
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
IT technician will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the organization. This includes installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
- the ability to think logically
- a good memory of how software and operating systems work
- excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- the ability to work well in a team
- problem-solving skills
- a strong customer focus
- the ability to prioritize your workload
- attention to detail.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems, and applications
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Monitoring and proactively maintaining computer systems and networks
- Replacing parts as required
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Monitoring Help Desk tickets and resolving user issues
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications or updates
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Assisting the IT Manager in the form of requirements analysis, network application design, implementation, problem investigation and resolution, and network application evaluation.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY