Job LocationBartica, Guyana
Responsible for daily screening of beneficiaries and identification of beneficiaries who are most vulnerable, conducting in-depth interviews in order to respond to their protection needs through services available within HIAS or provided by partners.
The Protection Officer responds to HIAS Program Manager.
- Fluency (written and oral) in English and Spanish.
- A minimum 1-3 years’ working experience preferably in one of the following sectors: social, charity, government or NGO.
- University degree in social sciences, psychology or law would be a plus.
- Good computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be a team player and able to work with a range of diverse, vulnerable populations;
- Understanding of community based approach required.
- Ability to uphold the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about HIAS’ mission and values.
- Conduct in-depth assessment interviews with person(s) of concerns identified as vulnerable or in need of assistance or referral.
- Prepares detailed records of sessions and follow-up on individual cases.
- Ensures quality and integrity of information captured, notably through peer review of registered cases and follow up with supervisors.
- Ensures constant and accurate upkeep of data (physical and electronic) to reflect the status of persons of concern by checking that all data fields are filled in properly; manages and updates beneficiaries files as necessary.
- Compiles periodic registration statistical reports and circulates them to all concerned parties, including external parties; analyzes data to ensure data quality and integrity, and reports trends and issues, as required.
- Drafts routine correspondence based on instructions provided by the supervisor or based on background information available on office files.
- Acts as interpreter and translator, as needed. Assists in building a robust referral system.
- Conducts home visits to beneficiaries.
- Maintains relationship and liaise with other service providers.
- Conducts Cash-Based Intervention eligibility assessments.
- Any other assignment in the framework of HIAS program activities in Bartica and Region 7.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working in 13 countries across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. HIAS started its operations in Guyana in 2020. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to this email: email@example.com by July 31st, 2020.
HIAS is an equal opportunity employer. Women, persons of color and other diverse demographics are strongly encouraged to apply.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY