Job LocationLot 1 & 2 Public Road, Caledonia, East Bank Demerara
Are you living on the East Bank of Demerara between Eccles and Timehri?
Are you an experienced Joiner looking to use your knowledge and experience in a reputable Manufacturing Company where it is valued? Do you have strong woodworking skill, an eye for detail, a high level of hand-eye coordination strength, and quick reaction time dealing with scenarios involving industrial machinery?
Do you work well under pressure, demonstrate strong ability for managing workload under aggressive deadlines and are obsessive about following safety rules?
If you’ve answered yes to all of the above, then this position is absolutely for you. The opportunity is currently yours to build a lasting career with a reputable Organization where career upward mobility and opportunity for personal growth and development are limitless.
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Joiner who can assemble high quality value-added hardwood décor products that are both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
As Specialist Joiner, you will work as part of a dedicated Furniture & Cabinetry team, executing high-quality Joinery tasks which adheres to departmental timescales and standards of workmanship, whilst maintaining an extraordinary level of professionalism, flexibility and delivering excellent customer service.
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- Certificate in Furniture Making from a recognized Technical Institution.
- A minimum of five (5) CXC subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English Language (Grades 1- 3).
- 5+ years professional experience as a Joiner.
- Working knowledge of workplace occupational health and safety, environment, risk management and best practice standards.
- Strong propensity and attention to details, judgement, process improvement skills & ability to read and work from blueprints, plans and drawings.
As Specialist Joiner, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, plans or 3D renderings to build exquisite value-added hardwood products.
- Build modular kitchen cabinets, framed & paneled/ flushed veneer doors, frameworks, wooden décor, fixtures & partitions used in residential and commercial buildings – using woodworking machines, hand tools, power tools, scales and calipers.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using hand and power tools.
- Undertake all joinery tasks effectively according to defined standards, including collection and management of materials.
- Complete necessary paperwork to facilitate the effective job costing to be completed.
- Clean and repair all equipment necessary for work, including handsaws, table saws, skill saws, and a variety of drills and sanding tools.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Attractive Remuneration package
- Group Medical Insurance Plan
- Access to Company-Sponsored Educational Scholarship Program
- Continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
Email your application and CV to Mr. Dwayne Musa - Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deliver your application in person to:
Lot 1 & 2 Public Road, Caledonia
East Bank Demerara
As indicated, preferably we are looking for someone living on the East Bank of Demerara between Eccles and Timehri.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY