Job LocationBartica, Guyana
The Field Coordinator in Bartica supports the Program and Administration Departments in the organization and implementation of all the programmatic, operative and supporting aspects for the development of the programs implemented by HIAS in Bartica, and all the processes and activities implemented by the organization in Guyana.
Directly responding to the Country Director, and closely liaising with the Finance and Administration Manager and the Program Manager, supports in the supervision of the locally implemented activities and in all administration/finance/logistics duties of the office.
Based in Bartica, the Field Coordinator actively supports the opening and set-up of HIAS Guyana mission in Region 7.
- Degree in Business Administration/Finance/Accounting/Business Management or related field;
- At least 2 years of working experience in a similar position; proven experience in Logistics and administration;
- Strong computer skills with Windows, Office (excel, word, etc.) and Internet;
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills required;
- Responsible, discreet and energetic;
- Ability to work with people from different culture settings;
- Ability to work effectively with teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Understanding, sensitivity and adaptability to cross cultural issues;
- Commitment to promoting HIAS’ ‘Quality Standards’ including impartiality and accountability;
- Flexibility, ability to remain calm under pressure; attention to detail;
- Ability to travel within Guyana and internationally, at times to insecure operating environments.
- Some knowledge of Spanish
- The Field Coordinator is responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures in Bartica office.
- At the regional/local level, the Field Coordinator represents HIAS to relevant local stakeholders.
- The Field Coordinator oversees administration, finance, logistics and security of the base as well as coordination with program staff on the base level. The Field Coordinator ensures that HIAS procedures are implemented in the region with regards to program, logistics, security, HR, and administration.
- The Field Coordinator is in charge of overseeing the logistics on the Bartica level, ensuring the proper set up / rehabilitation / running of office premises, the functioning of supply chain including procurement planning, purchasing of goods and services, their transport and storage, the organization, planning, and maintenance of the equipment, and the functioning of the means of communication appropriate for the respective region.
- Daily accountancy: support in filing and data entry of receipts, cash book entries.
- Accounts management (cash boxes, banks accounts) and payments of cash advances.
- General accountancy and budget follow up for HIAS programs under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Preparation and checking of monthly accountancy to be sent to head office.
- Weekly reconciliation of office cash inventory;
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing the financial reports (donors reports, internal reports).
- Responsible of all purchases and procurement ensuring that HIAS standards and procedures are implemented, including: quotations and offer collection and prices assessment, preparation of table of comparison and procurement reports;
- Supports in the set-up of the office in Bartica, participating in the exploration and identification of possible offices in the identified region. Participates to the operational, programmatic and logistical set-up of the office;
- Ensures services are offered in a professional and ethical manner.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Finance & Admin. Manager and the Country
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working in 16 countries across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. HIAS started its operations in Guyana in 2020. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
Please submit your resume, including salary expectations, to this email: email@example.com by July 31st, 2020.
HIAS is an equal opportunity employer. Women, persons of color and other diverse demographics are strongly encouraged to apply.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY