Job LocationPlantation Pattensen, Turkeyen, Georgetown
The Receiving Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the Receiving Department of the Warehouse. He/she is directly responsible for supervising Receiving Clerks and Porters in effectively ensuring inventory accuracy and careful movement of
Company products in a safe and reliable manner.
- Must have 5 CXC subjects with passes in English and Math
- At least two to three years’ experience in a similar capacity.
1. Supervise all Receiving Clerks in a professional and polite manner of communication by guiding and encouraging them to also be professional and polite with fellow staff, management and suppliers.
2. Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
3. Assign duties and assess work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
4. Provide written and oral instructions and improve efficiency of Receiving Clerks.
5. Train staff on care and preservation of items received, methods and use of equipment.
6. Supervise compliance of receiving practices with established company policies and standards.
7. Review records for information accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
8. Review and approve discrepancy reports received from Senior Receiving Clerk for shipments received and notify the relevant department heads.
9. Report to the relevant department heads all goods received.
10. Maintain an orderly and neat stock and receiving area.
11. Solve problems and make informed decisions affecting the service and productivity of the receiving area.
Interested persons can send applications to:
The Human Resources Supervisor
Plantation Pattenson, Turkeyen, Georgetown.
Only shortlisted person will be contacted
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY