Systems Security Engineer
The Information Security Engineers, also called Information Security Analysts, will work to safeguard Emerge’s computer networks and systems. They will plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber attacks. The Information Security Engineers will work as part of the IT team and report directly to the IT Manager.
• Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer.
• Experience in building and maintaining security systems.
• Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
• Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
• Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
• Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
• Familiarity with security certifications (SOC2, PCI, CPNI, ISO).
• Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
• Identify and define system security requirements.
• Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs.
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
• Develop Information Security Plans and Policies.
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
• Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
• Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
Click to apply via our Career Page:
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY