Human Development Manager
Job LocationHadfield St, Georgetown
Express International Inc. is seeking a suitably qualified and dynamic candidate to join our management team as a Human Development Manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 3 year's experience in Human Resources Management.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Coordinate with Insurance Brokers for the Registration and Handling of Claims on behalf of employees
- Works with Payroll and Benefits Team in resolving employee issues tied to claim management
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program, and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Continuous review of opportunities for organizational development in order to design and adapt strategies, and implement systems to respond to changing business environments
WORKFORCE PLANNING AND EMPLOYMENT
- Implementing the organization’s recruiting strategy
- Interviewing applicants
- Administering pre-employment tests
- Assisting with completing background investigations
- Processing transfers, promotions, and terminations
- Performing payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action
- Conducting training sessions
- Administering on-the-job training programs
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training programs
- Maintaining records of employee participation in all training and development programs
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Manage the department’s compliance program with regard to required postings and notices in the employment process, record retention program, personnel and medical files as well as other HR related files, and healthcare reform compliance for all health and welfare plans offered by the company
- Ensure required compliance training is scheduled and conducted
- Assist in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Analyzing job duties
- Writing job descriptions
- Performing job evaluations and job analyses
- Conducting and analyzing compensation surveys
EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
- Interpreting contracts
- Helping to negotiate collective bargaining agreements
- Resolving grievances
- Advising supervisors on contract and local laws interpretation
EMPLOYEE AND LABOUR RELATIONS
- Assisting with processing employee grievances
- Overseeing engagement programs and other employee relations work
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY