Our client is a member of a group of companies located in Trinidad, Barbados, Jamaica, Anguilla and Guyana. The major activity of the Group is the manufacturing and sale of cement and concrete. The Group also manufactures paper sacks and single use slings.
The primary objectives of the operation are:
- To satisfy Guyana’s current and projected cement needs
- To ensure adequate and timely delivery of conveniently packaged cement for various categories of end users
- To effect a more competitive pricing structure for cement in Guyana and so realize savings for the Guyanese consumer
- To provide increased market coverage and service to Guyana
The Accountant will be responsible for responsible for the preparation and maintenance of accounting records for the purpose of general accounting, costing and budgeting. The position will report directly to the Business Manager.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Computer literate with working knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications & Accounting Software.
- Knowledge of Oracle e-Business suite will be an asset.
- Must possess at least 5 years’plus experience in a similar capacity.
- Certified Accounting Technicians’ (CAT) Certification or started ACCA Level 2 qualifications.
- Business Degree form an accredited university or college.
- A minimum of 5 CXC O’levels including Maths and English
- Maintains accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations (including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, budget, etc.)
- Examines, analyses and interprets accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing statements and prepares management reports and statistics detailing financial results.
- Will be responsible for support services in general administration, human resources, and security.
Excellent remuneration package and benefits
Please email your resume to email@example.com quoting "Accountant"in the subject line.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be ontacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY