Labor Relations - Human Resources - Shared Service Specialist
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with management team, the incumbent will provide JSL with key insights for decision making into legal and other requirements that impact upon the employer /employee relationship while taking an active role in business continuity initiatives. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Providing direction to, advising on and ensuring that JSL is compliant to all labour related, legal and other requirements for JSL’s onshore and offshore labour force through close collaboration with related stakeholders, including trade unions, regulatory and statutory authorities.
- Addressing, expediting outstanding employment issues as well as, mitigating and controlling potential HR and legal risks in the context of provision of labour.
- Partner with both on and offshore staff, clients and other key stakeholders to ensure responsible creation, administration, coordination, management, review, approval and control of the employment relationship.
- LLB / Undergraduate or Higher Degree in Business Management with specialization in Labour relations OR Labour Law OR Post Graduate / professionally accredited programs in Labour Law.
- OR Be a practicing HR professional with evidence of demonstrated competence and results working in a medium to large organization where app. 40 % of time over a 5 to 7 year period was spent in ensuring compliance to Employment /labour relations, HR policies, practices, processes, performance management, and regional legislation , resolving labour disputes , arbitration, and attending Court matters with the rest of time spent in general HR managerial functions. A combination of Employment /Labour Law /Industrial Relations and Business Management would be an asset.
- Member must be in good standing with the Law Society of Guyana and any other association /body that is required for their practice. A strong background in Business would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in employee and labour relations preferably in a unionized environment.
- Experience in Conflict Management and Negotiation.
- Understanding and demonstrated application of Collective Agreements, Employments Standards Act, and Occupational Health & Safety Act and all other related employment laws.
- Mastery in Professional Communication skills, verbal & written.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, maintaining a high level of attention to detail and quality, and quickly adjust to changing requirements while achieving deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bi or Multilingual skills will be an asset.
- Independent HR/IR consultants wishing to re-enter the workforce in the Oil and Gas industry are welcome to apply.
- Perform full cycle process of planning, execution, reviewing, following up and closure of employment and labour matters.
- Manage jointly with management team the disciplinary/ performance improvement severance/exit process for non -unionized/unionized employees, in conjunction with the union representative where necessary.
- Provide research, recommendations and high level support during Collective Bargaining processes, as required.
- Address and close and follow up on all grievances, disciplinary other labour cases.
- Implement settlements arising from the grievance, mediation and arbitration process.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- Manage legal records.
- Review and advise on modifications/revisions to new/renewal collective agreements /contracts.
- Respond to general inquires related to Labour Relations processes & collective agreement application.
To be discussed at the interview.
Human Resource Manager
36 Delhi Street,
Prashad Nagar, Georgetown.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY