Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
· To manage the daily freight, logistics and document processes for all shipments directed to CCA Guyana Inc effectively & profitably.
· Develop effective plans, programs, systems & strategies to enhance business development and ensure financial sustainability.
· Provide excellent support service to customers in a courteous, prompt & efficient manner to enable customer retention & new/repeat business.
· Ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
· Oversee the delivery of responsibilities of all team members and provide oversight and guidance to team.
· Ensure that all systems are operational for the effective delivery of the Company’s objectives
· At least 5+ years experience at a Managerial level
· At least 5 years experience in the cargo industry
· University level qualifications would be an asset
· At least five (5) passes including English & Mathematics
Certificate of Good character
· Excellent Management & customer service skills
· Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
· Highly organised & computer literate (Microsoft Suite)
· Working knowledge of Magaya Cargo System (Training will be provided if necessary)
· Thorough knowledge of ocean freight operations & procedures
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
· Strong geographic knowledge
· Ability to work independently, exercising judgement & initiative
Able to maintain professional composure in stressful situations
· Ensure compliance with international regulations and local laws
· Monitor quality assurance in order to meet & maintain international standards to avoid fines, penalties &/or losses on all shipments
· Oversee & monitor the movement of cargo, invoices & related charges when & as needed
· Coach/counsel staff regarding excellent customer service, ensuring that all staff provide courteous, prompt & efficient service to enable customer satisfaction, customer retention & new/repeat business
· Ensure the handling of customer claims & complaints in an efficient, professional & expeditious manner
· Monitor the accuracy & timeliness of supporting documentation & data input into Magaya Cargo system to ensure proper invoicing & overall operational efficiency
· Coordinate with other staff members to ensure all tasks are completed as assigned
· Create monthly reports for the management team in Trinidad.
· Responsible for staff development & training.
· Oversee & approve time & attendance requests.
· Monitor the performance of direct reports & conduct formal performance appraisals as required
· Responsible for discussing & resolving disciplinary matters that may arise
· Ensure proper use of workstations, security of data & shut down of computers at end of the day
Perform such other duties as may be required to maximize the efficiency, productivity, teamwork, customer relations & enhance the entire operations of the company
Deliver application plus resume to: CCA Guyana Inc., 210 New Market Street (between Camp and Waterloo Streets), Georgetown, Guyana.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY