Job LocationGiftland Mall
Pastry chefs is responsible for baking and decorate food, and must keep their team organized, stocked and motivated. Pastry chefs work with a restaurant's head chef to pair breads and desserts, order supplies, and hire staff.
- Must have 5 CXC subjects with passes in English and Math/Sound secondary school education
- Certificate in Cookery or Culinary Arts
- Must have a valid food Handler’s Certificate
Experience: Two to Three (2-3) years in pastry cooking or pastry chef Experience in a hotel, restaurant or in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
- Maintain courteous and friendly attitude toward customers
- Control freshness by rotating and coding all products and remove out-of-code merchandise
- Promote latest items and weekly specials
- Clean and sanitized the entire work area
Health Insurance Plan (Medical,Dental,Vision)
Discount with liecnse holders
Interested persons can send applications to:
The Human Resources Supervisor
Planation Pattersen Turkeyen
Only shortlisted person will be contacted
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY