HIAS Guyana seeks a Program Manager to plan, organize, coordinate, manage and implement all the substantial, aspects for the development of programs implemented by HIAS within the framework its agreements with donors (Protection, Cash Based Interventions, Gender Based Violence and Mental Health and Psychosocial assistance, among others). The program Manager leads the setting up of programs in Guyana, leads the management of projects and represents HIAS on the ground while reporting to the Country Director based in Aruba. The Program Manager leads the coordination processes with external organizations to get humanitarian assistance for our beneficiaries, supports the Country Director in identification of new projects that contribute to the protection of our population of concern and coordinates and oversees daily program implementation, management, support and capacity building of Program Staff and the organization processes on monitoring and evaluation.
- Graduate degree in social science, master’s degree desired.
- Knowledge and experience working in at least one the following thematic areas: protection, GBV or MHPSS.
- At least 7 to 9 years of working experience in project management, preferably with 3 to 4 years of overseas management team experience.
- Self-starter, can work independently and a team leader.
- Ability to work in an unsecure and changing environment.
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of spoken Spanish is required.
- Management of Windows, Office and Internet.
- Experience in database management.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills required.
- Responsible, discreet and energetic.
- Ability to work with people from different culture settings.
- Ability to work effectively with teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations, especially refugees or migrants is a plus.
- Ability to travel within Guyana and internationally.
- Position is open for both National and International candidates.
- Sets up HIAS Programs in line with HIAS and donor’s guidelines and agreements.
- Liaise with Government and Civil society and represents HIAS in the absence of the Country Director
- Leads the Recruitment, training and supervision of program staff.
- Arranges internal coordination processes to facilitate the necessary resources to develop the organization programs. Manages staff needs and program budget requirements, in consultation with the Country Director and the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Develops strategies to facilitate the implementation of policies, procedures and protocols in the organization. Constantly revises current program models in consultation with HQ sector specialists and develop innovative implementation processes to enhance HIAS’ services to refugees and migrants to meet emerging needs, protects vulnerable refugees and promotes self-reliance among the beneficiaries we serve.
- Ensures that program components are implemented according to approved work plan to achieve program deliverables.
- Ensures technical oversight and field-monitoring of the program staff to ensure quality control and adequate implementation of the planned signatory approaches and frameworks.
- Ensures technology available (databases) in the organization is used correctly along all the operations.
- Acts as a HIAS liaison with other partners and other external organizations to coordinate a robust referral system for Persons of Concern.
- Participates in thematic meetings with other implementing partners.
- Organizes, participates and manages high level internal and external meetings and training activities. Coordinates capacity building trainings for refugees, migrants, host communities, staff and partner organizations.
- Help to identify and pursue funding opportunities. Prepares and develops proposals for current and new donors.
- Formulates projects to ensure ways of accountability before our users.
- Plays a leading role to ensure the necessary record-keeping to support the organization processes as well as the monitoring and evaluation at program level, including the updating of databases.
- Based on the information collected from the technical managers, coordinates the timely preparation of comprehensive and statistical reports requested by donors. Generates analyses to allow the identification of trends and plans proposals for the follow up and improvement of projects.
- Follows up and alerts about the accomplishment of activities, goals and due dates to present reports to donors, according to the schedule agreed.
- Ensures services are offered in a professional and ethical manner.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Country Director.
- Supports in the formulation and implementation of internal protocols for the prevention and response to sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and children protection in coordination with all the HIAS team.
- Periodically participates in the case meetings in order to identify needs and trends to propose strategies to enhance the attention of such cases.
- Leads the coordination and internal training to implement and consolidate ProGres and other technological tools.
- Reports to Country Director based in Aruba.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to the following e-mail: email@example.com by the 20th of October 2019.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY