Field Coordinator- Bartica
The Field Coordinator will lead HIAS programming in Bartica with suport from the Georgetown Country Office. The objective will be to lead the implementation, execution and monitoring of the programs and projects aimed at the refugee and host community population of the HIAS Bartica Field Office according to the organizational principles , guidelines and code of conduct , as well as the agreements and objectives established with the Donors. This is a management position with day to day administration and representation responsibilities. Nonprofit experience preffered.
- Bachelors Degree in Administration, Project Management, International Relations, or other relevant fields
3.2 Work Experience
· Relevant experience of at least three years managing social projects and / or programs, preferably aimed at vulnerable populations.
· Two (2) years of experience leading multidisciplinary teams focused on providing humanitarian or development assistance
· Experience working with various stakeholders such as local government and UN agencies
3.3 Additional Knowledge
· Knowledge of Spanish (verbal and written) desirable.
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel )
· Ability to communicate and build interpersonal relationships.
· Know the vision for the execution of strategies and achievement of objectives
· Guidance for teamwork, showing a sense of collaboration and support.
· Leadership skills to lead teams towards meeting objectives within an environment of openness and respect.
· Ability to adapt agilely to changing circumstances and anticipate unexpected situations.
· Availability to travel out of Bartica on a regular basis.
· Directs and monitors the implementation and execution of programs and projects .
· Develops and maintains inter-institutional relationships in order to maintain and strengthen the management and visibility of HIAS in the locality.
· Prepares and executes the annual work plan focused on the fulfillment of assigned management objectives and indicators.
· Analyze and execute the budget assigned to the locality for the fulfillment of objectives, ensuring its correct and timely management.
· It gives support and monitor the work of the staff of the locality in order to ensure the efficiency of its management.
· Identify training needs for your work team and coordinate with the corresponding areas for their development.
· Coordinates administrative and complementary activities to the management of the programs with the different areas of the Organization .
· It analyzes, consolidates and prepares reports on the management of the locality , according to organizational requirements, guaranteeing their veracity, quality and timeliness.
· Verifies and monitors the timely and accurate recording of information in the different management systems of the Organization (financial and programmatic)
· Guarantees the correct registration and custody of individual Refugee files
· Controls CBI and voucher distribution process with the support of Georgetown office Admin team and submits the respective monthly report and manages its replenishment .
· Controls the financial management of the field office, including the administration of petty cash and movement of cash to the field bank, guaranteeing the issuance of the documents supporting the transactions and verifying that financial and tax procedures are fulfilled ( internal and external ) within the time limits established .
· Responsible for keeping the database of contacts and networks of local services for beneficiary referrals , it should be available to staff in the field office .
· Together with the team, plan the weekly schedule of internal and external activities of the field office.
· Coordinates maintenance activities of facilities, equipment and furniture of the assigned office , in order to guarantee its correct operation and use.
· Coordinates schedule of activities and logistics for the execution of missions or external visits to the field office.
· Participates in meetings of the Programs department to plan and coordinate the strategic management of the Area.
· Conducts periodic meetings with the work team to plan and monitor the management of the programs.
· Ensures compliance with local safety regulations and; in case of eventualities, it communicates them to establish timely corrective actions.
· Creates and maintain a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust and mutual respect.
· Presents selection requirements for new personnel to Human Resources according to the established budget and makes the final hiring decision.
· Manages and approves requests for vacations, licenses and permissions of the personnel in your charge.
· Keeps the record and control of the inventory of fixed assets in the town.
· Within the framework of AAP , the position of FIELD COORDINATOR is responsible for promoting and practicing responsibility towards the affected population in their daily functions and following the procedures established by HIAS to present any situation that affects the field office by taking into account, accounting for and rendering accounts to the assisted people.
Please apply online
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY