Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The Laboratory Technician directs and performs verifiable quality assurance tests on company products, prepares laboratory reports prior to service delivery on location, provides advanced technical support with additive selection and the design of fluids, supervises and mentors personnel and maintains links with the Client Support Labs and/or Operating districts and Product Centers. The Lab Technician is considered an expert in testing and fluid selection.
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Chemistry. Minimum 3.0+/4.0 GPA and at least 2 yrs experience working in a Laboratory.
- Ability to operate lab equipment safely and independently
- Competent in performing risk analysis
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Candidate’s duties may include the following:
- Assists the Fluid Technical Engineer with the documentation and reporting of laboratory data.
- Develops basic skills in additive selection and design of fluids systems used in the department.
- Develops the necessary competency to operate assigned equipment safely and independently.
- Performs advanced additive selection and design of fluids in assigned department and recommends solutions to improve the process.
- Ensures equipment is clean and in proper working condition and proper disposal of Lab waste.
- Learns the basic rig components and different roles of Service Companies with relation to Operating companies.
- Assists the Laboratory Manager in ensuring clean, orderly and safe working conditions in the laboratory, disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods.
- Performs regular Audits (including CAT Audits) to ensure the Lab is operating as per the required standards, prepares and follows up on the action plans as a result of the audit.
- Complies with all Company & Regulatory HS&E & Quality and IT standards and policies. Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required & maintains required HS&E & SQ certifications up-to-date.
- Participates in the t HS&E & Quality initiatives and programs (eg., Risk Assessments, Quality Improvements, Emergency Response Plan, HSE and SQ Objectives).
- Performs Risk Analysis and identifies & addresses potential safety hazards. Corrects and report hazards immediately to Supervisor.
- Prepares presentations for internal and external clients
(Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the
location or Company.)
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes should be labeled with applicant’ first and last name.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY