Job Location11 Public Road Montrose, East Coast Demerara, Guyana
We are looking for a Dental Hygienist to help treat patients and promote good oral health practices. As a Dental Hygienist, you should be reliable and able to build trust with patients of all ages. You should have deep knowledge of relevant health and safety rules and a good eye for oral diseases and anomalies.
- Must be certified with the Dental Council of Guyana.
- 3 years experience.
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- A patient and friendly personality.
Dental Hygienist duties revolve around conducting initial patient screenings, cleaning teeth and advising patients on oral health and preventative care. You’ll also help dentists decide treatments for teeth or gum diseases and handle dental emergencies.
- Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination.
- Sterilize dental instruments properly.
- Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history.
- Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries or periodontitis.
- Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride).
- Educate patients of all ages on proper teeth care (by demonstrating, for example, good brushing techniques).
- Give instructions to patients after operations or other dental procedures.
- Take X-rays and dental impressions.
- Assist dentist with selecting appropriate treatments for various diseases.
- Maintain documentation and charts on each patient.
- Monitor supplies.
To be discussed at the interview.
Email Cover Letter and CV to iDental.Inc1@gmail.com
Deadline 19th June 2020
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY