HIAS, an International NGO is seeking a Protection Officer, responsible for daily screening of beneficiaries and identification of beneficiaries who are most vulnerable, conducting in-depth interviews in order to respond to their protection needs.
Degree in Social secience or law,.Fluency (written and oral) in English and Spanish. A minimum 1-3 years’ working experience preferably in one of the following sectors: social, charity, government or NGO. Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Excellent organizational and problem solving skills. Must be a team player and able to work with a range of diverse, vulnerable populations; understanding of community based approach required. Ability to uphold the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. Passionate about HIAS’ mission and values.
- Conduct intake interviews with beneficiaries using and Identifies beneficiaries who are vulnerable or in need of referral.
- Conduct in-depth assessment interviews with person(s) of concerns identified as vulnerable or in need of assistance or referral.
- Prepares detailed records of sessions and follow-up on individual cases.
- Ensures quality and integrity of information captured, notably through peer review of registered cases and follow up with supervisors.
- Ensures constant and accurate upkeep of data (physical and electronic) to reflect the status of persons of concern by checking that all data fields are filled in properly; manages and updates beneficiaries files as necessary.
- Compiles periodic registration statistical reports and circulates them to all concerned parties, including external parties; analyzes data to ensure data quality and integrity, and reports trends and issues, as required.
- Drafts routine correspondence based on instructions provided by the supervisor or based on background information available on office files.
- Acts as interpreter and translator, as needed. Assists in building a robust referral system. Performs other duties, as necessary.
- Conducts home visits.
- Maintains relationship and liaise with other service providers.
Applicants wishing to apply should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than December 16, 2019.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY