Short Order Cook
Job LocationJava Coffee Bar DUNCAN STREET
Prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. May take orders from customers and serve patrons at counters or tables.
- knowledge of soups, salads, sandwichs, grilling meats and frying foods. As well as American breakfast foods
- Immense ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Remarkable knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Solid knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Previous kitchen experience.
- Deeply self-motivated and willing to look for work and complete tasks.
- Exceptional ability to give attention to detail.
- Sound ability to twist, bend, reach and move work tables, equipment and other items up to twenty pounds.
- Proven ability to follow and support company policies.
- Profound ability to be courteous and friendly to guests as well as co-workers.
- Excellent ability to listen and follow directions.
- Valid Food Handler's Certificate
- Certification from cullinary body would be a definite advantage
Grill, cook, and fry foods such as french fries, eggs, and pancakes.
Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
Grill and garnish hamburgers or other meats such as steaks and chops.
Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, carving meats, making soups or salads, and brewing coffee or tea.
Plan work on orders so that items served together are finished at the same time.
Complete orders from prepared food, placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters.
Perform general cleaning activities in kitchen and dining areas.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY