Job Location14 Independence Boulevard, Georgetown
As a spray painter, you will have to set up equipment, mix materials correctly and achieve the right consistency. You will spend a lot of time preparing the surfaces before applying primer and paint. You will have to maintain equipment and ensure that paints are stored correctly.
An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties.
The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Proven experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns, etc.)
- Good basic math & English skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders, etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- A high school diploma; successful completion of an apprenticeship would be an asset.
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, and rust from equipment surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, washing tanks, or sandblasters.
- Sprays surfaces of machines, manufactured products, or working area with protective or decorative material, such as paint, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer, using spray gun: Cleans grease and dirt from product, using materials, such as lacquer thinner, turpentine, soap, and water.
- Monitor painting operations in order to identify flaws such as blisters and streaks so that their causes can be corrected.
- Sand equipment surfaces between coats of paint and/or primer in order to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats.
- Fill small dents and scratches with body fillers, and smooth surfaces in order to prepare equipment for painting.
- Paint by hand areas that cannot be reached with a spray gun.
- Check finished jobs for flaws, bubbles, or imperfections as part of quality control.
- Display flexibility to work in other departments and overtime as necessary to assist the company in meeting production goals.
To be discussed during the interview.
Applications & CV must be emailed to:
Human Resources Manager,
Jai Signs & Auto Designs,
14 Independence Boulevard,
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY