IT Help Desk Technician (Tier 1)
Job LocationDiamond, EBD
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Technician should be able to respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problem, and determine and implement solution. Candidates should have a mix of technical and customer service skills, be passionate about technology and helping people and must be a team player. We support both Macs and PCs, BYOD, printer, faxes, copiers, etc.
- Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS X, Office 365
- Active Directory maintenance and Exchange 2016,2019 and Office 365 management
- Mac and PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Client PC connectivity - ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN
- Windows server management
- File server knowledge
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- 2 years+ experience working in a Windows/Mac environment
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customer
- Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution (following our SLA)
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Setup email accounts on desktops and mobile devices
- Troubleshoot basic networking and hardware issues
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: September 30th, 2020
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY