Financial Business Analyst
Job LocationGeorgetown Guyana
Our Client is looking to Employ a Business Analyst provides financial support to the Controller and Operations Managers in order to ensure that each significant business decision is given proper financial consideration. This role could be product line focused or more project oriented. It would also entail going beyond the numbers to assess business trends, develop root causes of business issues and to identify opportunities for reduced costs and improved productivity.
Education ACCA, Finance or Accounting Degree
Experience 7 years in a financial role or audit firm
- Solid background in finance and accounting
- Good knowledge of local tax – corporate and payroll PAYE
- Skills in strategic and analytical thinking with an ability to interpret data, solve problems and make decisions
- Ability to communicate and to support effective partnerships with Operations Managers
- Ability to conduct research and gather information
- Skills in oral and written communications and presentations together with interpersonal skills for supporting conclusions and recommendations made
- Skill in the effective use of relevant computer packages – QuickBooks, Excel, Work and Power Point a MUST.
- Ability to understand the business strategy and the financial aspects
- Ability to establish rapport with, and to influence, team members
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to lead, facilitate and organize
- Likely to supervise a team of Management Accountants
- Analyze and control investment (Capex, Inventory, Projects, DSO)
- Perform monthly reviews of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet accounts relating to area of responsibility, including business indicators such as profitability and liquidity
- Present monthly analysis on costs and revenue
- Undertake financial planning, forecasting and monitoring of results versus objectives
- Ensure across-the-board implementation of standard finance practices, involvement with the development of standard financial practices
- Identify weaknesses in internal control and implement improvements
- Assess and highlight opportunities for increased cost efficiencies, driver for change
- Develop and evaluate business or project financial metrics and drivers
- Analyze profitability of new business opportunities via contract reviews, bid support and evaluation of risk versus reward prospects
- Design and implement project controls
- Evaluate currency exposure
- Active involvement in mentoring and development of Accountants
- Assist in conducting surveys of departmental organization, management staffing utilization and procedures
- Participate in Internal Audit assignments and support fraud investigations
- Conduct and develop financial training for field engineers and managers
- Assist with ad hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required
Good salary and employment terms.
Please submit you application via email ONLY to email@example.com
Cover letter and up to date CV with full details of past employment.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY