Machinist/ Lathe Operator
Job Location1 - 2 Public Road, Caledonia, East Bank Demerara
Are you living on the East Bank of Demerara between Providence and Timehri?
Are you an experienced Machinist/ Lathe Operator looking to use your knowledge and experience in a reputable Manufacturing Company where it is valued?
Do you have a high level of hand-eye coordination strength, quick reaction time dealing with scenarios involving industrial machinery and have strong experience using inspection equipment?
Do you work well under pressure, demonstrate strong ability for managing workload under aggressive deadlines and are obsessive about following safety rules?
If you’ve answered yes to all of the above, then this position is absolutely for you. The opportunity is currently yours to build a lasting career with a reputable Organization where career upward mobility and opportunity for personal growth and development are limitless.
We are looking for a skilled Machinist/ Lathe Operator having strong experience setting up & operating Lathes to tight tolerances & maintaining Process Machines to high standards.
The successful applicant must have the following:
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Technical Institution.
- 2+ years machining experience using Manual Lathe and tooling to machine components & mechanical parts according to specified engineering information, drawings & sample parts.
- A minimum of five (5) CXC subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English Language (Grades 1- 3).
- Strong conceptual & attention to details propensity, judgment, process improvement skills & ability to read and work from blueprints & sample parts.
The Machinist/ Lathe Operator will perform the following:
- Maintain industrial machines by applying knowledge of mechanics and machining procedures.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and by following manufacturer’s instructions to troubleshoot & remedy malfunctions.
- Continually observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and determine the need for adjustments or repairs.
- Dismantle machines or equipment using hand tools and power tools, in order to examine parts for defects and replace defective parts where needed.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Set up and pre-run a variety of woodworking machines to surface, cut, shape lumber, and fabricate parts for cutting wood products.
- Install, sharpen and adjust saw blades, cutter heads, boring bits, and sanding belts in respective machines, using hand tools & grinders.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate mechanical products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Install new, repaired or experimental parts, electrical wiring, lubricants, and batteries into machines, equipment, and mechanisms and operate to verify operational efficiency.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products using metal-working machines & periodically verify dimensions of parts for adherence to specifications using gauges and templates.
- Maintain machine parts, quality and safety standards, keep records, maintain equipment and supplies.
The successful applicant will experience the following benefits:
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Group Medical Insurance Plan
- Access to Company-Sponsored Educational Scholarship Program
- Continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
Email your application and CV to Mr. Dwayne Musa - Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deliver your application in person to:
Lot 1 & 2 Public Road, Caledonia
East Bank Demerara
As indicated, preferably we are looking for someone living on the East Bank of Demerara between Providence and Timehri.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY