Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
We are seeking to hire an experienced qualified electrician to join our team. You will be required to work as part of a two or three-man team on a new installation project as well as servicing and repair of existing domestic and industrial electrical works. You will be required to mainly work in the Georgetown area, however, work in outstation areas may be required from time to time.
Qualifications for Electrician
- Completion of an electrician apprenticeship program required
- Completion of an electrician program at a technical or trade school preferred
- Licensed Qualified electrician
- Licensed to carry out both domestic and industrial electrics
- 5 years minimum of electrical experience
- Valid driver's license
- Living in Georgetown
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, climb, squat, reach, and kneel
- Working knowledge of electrical theory, and the associated principles, materials, and equipment
- Willing to work overtime
Skills & Competencies
- Good working knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating and repair of motors and pumps.
- Good clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Up to date knowledge of current codes and standards
- Ability to read drawings and wiring designs and layouts
- Ability to follow and comply with verbal and written instructions
- Have a good standard of mathematical calculations
- Be able to diagnose and problems solve and troubleshoot and repair all electrical systems
- Courteous and polite a must
- Have a smart and professional appearance
- Highest possible standard to detail and quality
- Able to think on your feet
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work with a flexible schedule
- Good computer skill, MS Office and App programs on handheld tablets
- High standard of Health and Safety as well as the ability to work to the highest possible standards
- Comply with all national electrical safety codes
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including distribution panels, fuses, lights, and wiring
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components
- Test electrical systems and components
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs
- Respond promptly to emergency calls when required.
- Installation of new electrical systems as per drawings and designs as well as in accordance with drawings and standards.
The successful candidate will be required to travel to different work sites each day (could be a number of worksites), performing their works into commercial, government and residential properties safety and by following all the company’s standards and protocols.
- Will wear and use correctly all PPE supplied by the company
- Able to use hand and power tools correctly and safely
- Ensure you are only working in a safe work environment
- Able to follow all safety procedure of the company and the clients
- Understands and will adhere to all working at height regulation
- Ensure that you keep the worksite and a clean and safe condition and will clear the site after work is complete.
To apply, please send a copy of your up to date CV along with copies of all your valid qualification certificates along with a cover letter detailing why you should be accepted for this position. CV’s to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leader Engineering Guyana Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY