Quality Safety and Environment Manager
Job LocationGeorgetown, NWD, Berbice.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Quality & Safety Manager ensures the implementation and respect of several standards such as :
- HACCP procedures in the factories, with the assistance of a team of quality controllers
- International Food Standards , especially Food Defense Version 6;
- Organic procedures and ICS for certification under EOP and NOS standards,
- Fair For LIFE (Fair Trade ESR standards)
- Business Social Compliance Inititiative standards
- Climate Change Commitment towards a neutral carbon impact by 2020.
- Research & Development.
The QSEM keeps abreast of new regulations and prepare plans with the CEO to keep the Company ready for audit at any time. The QSEM ensures by her/his presence in the factories and on the collection areas that standards, policies and procedures are respected every day by all departments of the Company as well as all suppliers and stakeholders.
The QSEM is an organised individual who can work without supervision and interact with Operation Managers to guarantee compliance to all standards and regulations to ensure the Company retains its certifications and improves its ratings.
The QSEM is an efficient communicator who trains the staff or organise training to achieve the best quality.
The QSEM understands that the jobs entails long hours from time to time and to be away from Georgetown for short and medium missions.
The candidate must be ready to work beyond the call of duty during the probationary period to assimilate Regulation Documents and during the audits. Duties of the QSM will imply to be present in factories 80% of the time, to enforce quality policy, safe practice and compliance to organic rules for suppliers through short visits and feedback. Quarterly internal audits will have to be performed by the QSM.
- Preferably a University Degree in Quality Management, Food Technology, Food Science or Agronomy Engineer. Chemistry or any other fields that provide adequate and practical training in research and quality.
- Three (3) years work experience (or more if no degree) in a similar field
- Fluent in English and proficient in written and oral communication. Good reporting skills
- Fluent in French and Spanish.
- Knowledge of Portuguese
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Act.
- Competent in M/S Word, Excel and Powerpoint.Preferably owns a laptop.
- 2 years experience in applying Regulations (IFS, ISO, BSCI, EOS and NOP, FFL) to follow them and to prepare action plans to meet deadlines,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to supervise others
- Ability to communicate to less fortunate populations (Fair Trade Policy)
- Drivers license for car and vans is a must.
- Candidate must know how to swim and be confortable travelling on rivers.
- Experience in trekking and caping is a must.
- Manage team of Quality Controler and ensure quality of finished product
- Monitor the certifications that the Company has achieved : International Food standards, IFS Version 6, EOS and NOP Organic certification, ESR Fair for Life certification, Climate Change Commitment.
- Keep updated on regulations for the above certifications and prepare action plan to guarantee full time compliance
- Visit factories and spend necessary time to implement actions and to train staff on HACCP, Health and Safety, Organic and IFS, ESR and Fair Trade policies.
- Control by way of audit that all departments of the Company are compliant wit regulation and inspection ready at all time.
- Advise CEO and Directors on the way forward to achieve th ebest grade at audit
- achieve 95 % pass minimum at IFS audit ( the Company is now at 92%)
200 KGYD + allowance + bonus based on performance.
Some allowances are based on reporting and time spent on location.
Incentive scheme based on results once confirmed.
3 months probation
Amazon Caribbean Guyana (AMCAR) Ltd,
V1& V2, Houston Estate, Georgetown
not later than April 15, 2019
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY