The qualified applicant will have experience in managing projects from initiation to completion and must be knowledgeable of construction standards in Guyana.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Project Supervisor or Clerk of Works in Guyana.
- Proven experience managing/supervising Projects.
- Knowledge of Guyana Construction Standards GPC 9-7:1999 – Guyana Standard, Building Code – Section 7: Use of Guyanese Hardwoods in Construction; and GPC 9 – 13:2005 Code of Practice for Buildings: Part 13 – Foundations and Excavations.
- Must possess the ability to develop timelines and schedules to be executed by teams.
- Prepare designs/solutions for assigned projects.
- Preparation of tender for discrete packages of work.
- Obtain quotations for assigned projects and required parts.
- Perform analysis of received tenders/quotes and recommend preferred option.
- Supervise the progress of the work to ensure it is carried out to the highest safety standard, and compliant with company policies.
- Implement recovery plans for Contracts that are behind schedule or over budget to bring back to conformance.
- Exercise accountability to all contracting teams and individuals through contract review discussions and meetings.
- Other duties as requested by Senior Leadership Group to support the team.
Applications with CV should be submitted to:
Human Resources Manager
Guyana Industrial Minerals Inc.
58 High Street,
Or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position being applied for should be stated in the subject.
Applications close on February 11, 2019
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY