Job Location14 Independence Boulevard, Georgetown
The Graphic Artist creates visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers. Incorporate images and text into everything from company logos to promotional materials and design graphics for use in media products such as magazines, labels, advertising, and signage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Designing or a related field.
- At least one (1) year experience as a Graphic Artist.
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in the commercial environment.
- Professional approach to time, cost and deadlines.
- Creative and flexible.
- Must be able to handle rejection in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Meet with clients to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like. Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Liaising with clients to determine their requirements and budget.
- Managing client proposals from typesetting through to design, print, and production.
- Working with clients, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production, and timescales.
- Developing concepts graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites.
- Determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size.
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting a rough layout for approval.
- Amend designs after feedback
- Keeping budget, time and production constraints in mind.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Liaising with the printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and materials are printed to the highest quality.
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To be discussed at Interview
Address Applications to:
Human Resources Manager,
Jai Signs & Auto Designs,
14 Independence Boulevard,
Send Applications to:
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY