Project Support Officer (Event Organizer)
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The purpose of this procedure is to contract one Project Support Officer (taking care of aspects related to activity logistics, organisation, communication, event organization) of an EU funded project to support CARIFORUM Institutions in the Intelectual Property Rights field. The project will run for a period of 4 years and while having activities in CARIFORUM Member States the project base will be Georgetown (Guyana). It is a full time position for the envisaged period.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree or academic qualification in law/languages/political sciences/financial management/accounting/office management etc.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish (desired)
- Proficiency in written and spoken French (desired)
General professional experience
- 5 years of professional experience in the CARIFORUM region.
- 2 years of professional experience in working for international or national public institutions/ programmes / projects.
- 2 year of experience in EU institutions and bodies and/or in projects funded by EU.
Specific professional experience
- 2 years of professional experience in office organization.
- 4 years of experience in supporting logistics/events organisation.
- 2 years of experience in supporting logistics/ organisation of international events.
- 1 years of experience in organising awareness raising/communication activities.
- 1 years of experience in financial management and/or accounting and/or procurement
Specific tasks of the Project Assistan are to support the Project team in:
- drafting of agendas, practical information notes and minutes of meetings;
- the identification of potential local providers of horizontal services (e.g. translation, printing, promotional material, office materials, etc.) as well as for services necessary for events (e.g. interpretation, venues, catering, hotels, flights, etc.);
- the establishment and maintenance of working relations with local providers and EUIPO’s providers (request quotations, negotiate prices, place orders and monitor quality and timeliness of implementation)
- the establishment and maintenance of working relations with local stakeholders (preparation and translation of correspondence, organisation of and participation to meetings, etc.);
- the logistics aspects of the organization of missions and events (booking of flights and hotels, support with VISA requests, identification of suitable venues, prior checking of venues and material, support with the management of participants, etc.);
- other administrative activities related to the Project
Service contract for a period of 45 months (900 working days) with an average remuneration of U$S 24.000/year.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanying a Curriculum Vitae (No letter is needed).
Include the following subject: CARIFORUM IPR
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY