DRILLING AND BLASTING FOREMAN
Job LocationProvidence, East Bank Demerara
REQUIRED TO WORK IN THE INTERIOR.
The Drilling and Blasting Foreman is responsible for managing and directing the company’s drilling and blasting program at the quarry location. Key areas of responsibility include providing drilling and blasting strategy with multi-drilling and multi-blasting experience at a senior level.
Skills and Experience:
- Valid blaster’s license.
- Certificate in Drilling and Blasting
- Certificate in Health and Safety Procedures
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in drilling and blasting (including hard rock drilling and blasting)
- Must be able to operate and maintain hydraulic drills and related drilling equipment.
- Understand safety procedures in blasting and blasting procedures.
- Must have knowledge of drilling and blasting standards.
- Knowledge of production techniques to achieve production targets.
- Extensive experience in non-electric blasting systems.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Full driving license for all related vehicles and machinery
- Must be able to pass required pre-employment background, driving, physical examination and drug screening tests.
- Design, prepare and maintain blast pattern in keeping with production requirements.
- Work with management to achieve production targets.
- Prepare and load blast holes as required.
- Maintain explosives magazine inventory on blasting agents.
- Clean and maintain all drilling equipment and powder magazines.
- Operate drilling equipment whenever required.
- Perform pre-blast inspection of drill pattern and blast area.
- Record all blasting reports and equipment report.
- Report all machine defects to mechanical supervisor.
- Assist mechanical department in repairs and maintenance of drills.
- Must be knowledgeable in the repairs of Hydraulic drills.
TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE INTERVIEW.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application and CV, together with copies of all relevant certificates and qualifications to email@example.com or hand deliver to: Secretary/Admin Assistant – Toolsie Persaud Quarries Inc., Providence, East Bank Demerara,
please call 265-7523 for more info.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY