Junior IT Support Technician
Job LocationQueenstown, Georgetown
To provide technical computer and network related tasks to all environments of the company and its related projects. To develop plans for software and systems purchases and budgets; to oversee the analysis, design, implementation, installation, and operation of Information Systems aimed at improving productivity; and to manage the operational support for all business critical software to the computing staff of the company in order to ensure that all computing staff are able to use their communication equipment and software efficiently and effectively.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent qualification
- Five years’ experience in the operation, maintenance and support of enterprise Information Systems with at least three years involvement in the project management functions of systems implementation/integration.
Skills and Competencies:
- Quality inter-personal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to analyze problems and develop sound problem-solving models
- Ability to exhibit initiative and to execute difficult projects in the face of significant constraints and adversity
- In depth knowledge and experience of operations and project management methods
- Knowledge of business management/administration
- Demonstrable leadership skills
The responsibilities of the Junior Support Technician – position are outlined as follows:
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of all in-house related information systems.
- Responsible for the maintenance, security and integrity of all software relating to the company and its clients.
- Responsible for providing technical and administrative support for both in-house and outsourced ICT software implementation projects, in terms of the planning, deployment, testing and end-user training aspects of the project.
- Responsible for liaising with the customer service representative and other functional managers in order to identify end-user productivity requirements, training needs and to setup and provide appropriate means to satisfy these needs.
Routine duties include:
- Directly supervises in-house delivery of management systems and IT application support services at agreed service levels.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with procurement and management of materials and services required for continual functioning of the company applications.
- Manages relationships with company clients, ensuring adequate support for client systems and applications.
- Responsible for technical administration of the company IT related assets.
- Researches, designs and implements systems for delivery of new services and upgrades to existing services by the company and its clients.
- Develops budgets for support services for the company and its clients.
- To perform other related duties and responsibilities consistent with the purpose and level of the post.
This position may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time.
Based on education, experience, and competence.
- In-house training
- Additional Certification training opportunities
Offline applications can be dropped in at:
126 Laluni Street,
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY