Secretary (2 positions)
The Secretary will provide direct support to the Administration and Marketing/Sales departments
Academic Qualifications and Experience of the ideal applicant
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Package
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Five CXC/CSEC subjects, Mathematics and English Grade 1-3 included
- Tertiary education in Marketing/Management/Communication
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of QuickBooks POS systems
- Critical thinker with a positive attitude
- Answering the telephone, making and transferring calls
- Organize meetings and taking minutes
- Update staff attendance sheet
- Update staff records manually and electronically
- Prepare insurance claims and follow ups
- Prepare correspondence i.e. letters, email response, quotations, etc.
- Update monthly sales and purchase records
- Update Google calendar
- Update process manuals for all departments
- General filing responsibilities
- Monitor and update Facebook page i.e. create and schedule ads, respond to queries, post updates, etc.
- Prepare marketing materials for events
- Send advertisements to customers
- Execute all public relations activities on behalf of the company
- Contribute to the yearly marketing plan
- Support all department heads
- Induction of new employees
- Post vacancy ads in the media
Will be discussed at interview
Persons interested in this position are to send application along with a cover letter no later than December 31, 2018 to:-
Ms. Shanti Persaud
Silvies Variety Store
High & Hadfield Streets
Or email to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY